Don't count the days, make the days count.

Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Getting fitted for a new A.F.O. At Hanker and a little shopping after that

 My Wednesday morning began at 5:30 a.m. by drinking a cup of hot cocoa while eating some fruit. I then had a bowl of cereal with banana along with half of a toasted english muffin. Once I had finished eating, at 5:40 I then brushed my teeth and shaved before taking my shower, so as to get ready for the day ahead. After putting in my eyes and nose drops, I then made my bed. At 6:15 I then did my back stretches. At 6:35 I had done my constant therapy before leaving with my parents at 7:10 for Auburn to go to hanger orthotics to be fitted for a new A.F.O. At 8:20 we arrived at Hanger Orthotics meeting  Caron there, my physical therapist from Nero Restorative. We first met with the person who would be fitting me with my new A.F.O. Caron then described to him a little about what we work on during our P.T. Sessions. We then discussed having an A.F.O. With a little more Dorsey Flexion to it, so that I be able to movie my foot more freely with more motion to it and not stabilized. Once my ankle foot orthotic was molded to my right leg. The fun began. This is when I was able to chose a pattern of color to put on the A.F.O. I had an option of two patterns that I liked the best just in case they were out of one. At 9:17 we then left Hanger to go to Free Port. We all know what is in Free Port, L L Bean. At 10:17 we had arrived. I went in briefly but after a short while decided to go back in the truck to rest. I even was able to take a little nap while I was waiting. Our next stop was at F.X. Marcot in Auburn. So that I could buy a new mattress and box spring along with a new recliner. At 12:30 we were on our way home. We arrived home at 1:47. Once I was comfortable, at 2:00 I then ate a salad with a glass of lemon aid. At 2:50 I then took another shower so as to cool down. At 3:08 I had filled my empty pill containers. At 3:30 I then had a bite to eat before pulling up my blog and typing of my day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment